Last Revised: June 01, 2017
- What information Opto Diode collects from you and how we use it
- What choices you have about how Opto Diode treats your information
- How Opto Diode protects your information
- What Opto Diode does about children visiting this Website
- How you can contact Opto Diode
ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
We generally collect and use personal information provided to us on the Website for the following purposes:
- to establish, develop and preserve our business relationship respectively with our customers and other individuals with whom we deal;
- to create, establish and administer your account and to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide the products and services that we offer and ensure that all related transactions are executed;
- to allow individuals to apply for employment with Opto Diode, notify others about Opto Diode job postings and obtain information about future Opto Diode job postings, and to allow us to consider individuals for employment with Opto Diode and to contact individuals about employment opportunities;
- to authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of customers or potential customers contacting Opto Diode by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- to allow customers and Website visitors to register for and attend training sessions and classes;
- for quality assurance purposes;
- as necessary, to establish or verify the credit of persons who use, or intend to use, one or more of the products offered by Opto Diode;
- to manage our business and ensure the efficiency, reliability and security of our systems;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to allow Opto Diode to meet contractual requirements relating to the products and services we offer;
- to ensure our records are accurate and to protect customers and Opto Diode from error and fraud;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of our customers and Website visitors with a view to improving our products and services and developing new ones;
- to provide our customers and Website visitors with personalized products and services as well as product recommendations; and
- to notify our customers and Website visitors about changes to the Website or upcoming products and services offered or provided by us, our affiliates or our business partners that may be of interest to our customers and Website visitors.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. In addition to the information sent by your web browser, as you navigate through a web site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as navigational data collection.
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, online media and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting or using are called “first party cookies” (so cookies served by Opto Diode while you are using our Website are first party cookies). Cookies served by companies that are not operating the website you are visiting or using are called “third party cookies” (we may use website analytics providers to set a cookie on your computer via our Website while you visit our Website, and that would be a third party cookie). Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” last only as long as your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed (for example, they may recognize your computer when you re-open our online services).
“Local shared objects” (also called Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies) and any other successor technology refers generally to the collection of cookie-like data stored on a browser or computer by web sites, ads, or third parties. “Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a web page, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including device type, operating system, browser type and version, web site visited, time of visit, referring web site, IP address, and other similar information (including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device). Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine it with information we collect through our Website. For example, we may obtain information about you from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases (for example, job applicant information received from LinkedIn in connection with our hiring decisions). This information may include your name, demographic information, interests and publicly-observed data (such as from social media and shopping behavior).
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opto Diode retains the personal information collected on the Website as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information you provide to us via this Website or that we collect through your use of the Website as follows:
- to affiliates, business partners, service providers and contractors who support our business, in which case we will limit the amount of information disclosed to that which is necessary in order for them to provide the services or products we have engaged them to provide. We will strive to protect personal information rendered accessible to affiliates, business partners, service providers and contractors by contractual agreements requiring them to adhere to confidentiality and security practices that provide for maintaining such information confidential and inaccessible to others;
- to respond to law enforcement requests, where required by applicable laws, court order or governmental regulations;
- to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful, and in situations involving threats of physical safety of any person or when we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and property.
We will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns, and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
This Website may use social media plugins (for example, the Facebook “Share” button, “Share to Twitter”' button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Website. If you are logged into the social media website (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Google+) while browsing on our Website, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our Website. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook social plugin allows Facebook to show your comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Opto Diode does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites' privacy and data sharing statements.
2. Choices You Have About How Opto Diode Uses Your Information
You may also send us an e-mail message at email@example.com to unsubscribe from general email messages for product information or scheduled events or to request correction or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. To protect your privacy, we will only respond to e-mail messages sent from the e-mail account you used to correspond with us.
This Website may link to social media websites that provide forums and other areas where you can communicate with others and publicly post information. You have no privacy rights in public postings. All information you post will be accessible to anyone with internet access, and any personal information you include in your posting may be read, collected and used by others. Please use caution when posting any personal information.
You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks that honor such requests by visiting: www.aboutads.info/choices
(if you are in the United States), http://youradchoices.ca/choices/
(if you are in Canada), or http://youronlinechoices.eu/
(if you are in Europe).
3. How Opto Diode Protects Your Information
We work hard to protect your personal information. All information collected through the Website is stored within a secured database that is not accessible to the outside world. Resumes are stored on file systems that are not publicly accessible. All Opto Diode servers are protected behind both hardware and software firewalls. Low-level access to all information is restricted to authorized support personnel only.
4. What Opto Diode Does About Children Visiting This Website
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be deleted from our records, you may do so by using the feedback mechanisms provided at the Opto Diode or by writing us at the address set forth in Section 5 below.
5. How You Can Contact Opto Diode
Attn: Customer Service
1260 Calle Suerte
Camarillo, CA 93012 USA
Phone: (805) 465-8700